It’s still not real to me that Brady is 5 years old. It’s surreal that we’re to this point in his life. I won’t lie, this is a hard birthday for me. This is the end of the toddler stage. He’s a little boy now. In the fall he’ll start kindergarten and that seems so crazy to me. He’s had 2 years of preschool but kindergarten is the real deal. Kindergarten is that first big step toward independence. He will make friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. He will slowly depend on me less and that’s a hard concept for me to grasp.
Nevertheless, I’m excited for this phase of his life, I know we’re going to have so much fun together. He’s starting T-Ball this spring and I can’t wait to watch him.
Here’s Brady at 5:
- He weighs 36lbs.
- His hair is blonde and his eyes are blue.
- He loves playing with his Paw Patrol toys. And he still likes playing with Thomas the Train.
- He loves to watch Curious George, Octonauts, Paw Patrol, Big Hero 6, Toy Story, and Minons.
- He loves to go to school. He has learned so much and loves his teachers.
- He is loud.
- He loves to play with Brant.
- He loves to visit his grandparents.
- He’s funny.
- He’s silly.
- He’s so loving.
- He’s got a great memory.
My handsome little guy.
We wanted to make his birthday special and all about him. Steven took off at lunch to spend time with the birthday boy. Steven and Brady went to the movies to see Rock Dog. Then I met them at Road house and we had dinner (my mom and stepmom kept the quints for us). Then we went to church. It was an amazing day celebrating my big 5 year old. 💙
Us 5 years ago…..
Birthday breakfast on his birthday plate. But he didn’t want to blow out his candle so Brant helped out.
He loves his new Paw Patrol Jeep.
At the movies with Daddy.
Dinner at Roadhouse.
Happy birthday Brady! I love you more than words can express. ❤
It’s the Six Sweet Seals’s birthday month so for our monthly art project we did birthday cupcakes. They are so cute!!!
As always, a special thank you goes to Tom for all her hard work on our canvases.
Hey y’all! So blogging has a bit of a chore lately and that’s why I haven’t been updating like I usually do. Let me explain…it’s all Steven’s fault! 😉 See, Steven is in grad school, and for one of his classes this semester he needed to make some updates to our computer. Well, when he updated everything, it completely messed up our pictures. In fact, we thought we had lost our pictures at first, but thankfully he found them. Unfortunately, now I’m having a hard time uploading my pictures to my blog. *Sigh*
So, we’ve been doing well. We had some nice warm days so we took full advantage and played outside. We gone to the park, enjoyed picnics in the backyard, and gone walking around the neighborhood. It’s been really nice to get outside.
I’m NO Supermom
I can’t believe February is over! Here’s how I did with all my goals for the month of February.
- Work smarter not harder. Grade: A
- I’m learning to depend on my support system more and not trying to do everything myself. God has blessed me with the most amazing support system and I’ve leaned heavily on them these past 3 years since being on bed rest and welcoming the quints into our family. I’m so thankful to everyone who always help me with the kids and allow me to keep my house in order and give Steven and I time together without the kids.
- Study the bible more. Grade: A
- I teach a bible class at church and we are starting our new quarter. I’ve been studying for the new quarter on the book of Acts and I’ve learned so much.
- Focus on friendships. Grade: B
- I reached out to a few friends this past month and sent a little care package just to let them know I appreciate their friendship and to let them know they are loved. My goal is to continue to do some random acts of kindness for my friends.
- Learn something new. Grade: D
- I really haven’t done anything in this department, but last month some of my friends thought I was too hard on myself so I’ll be a little more positive and say I’ve learned out to potty train quintuplets this past month! I plan to blog on potty training very soon.
- Live healthier. Grade: A+
- Y’all I’m so proud of myself. I have been working out 4-6 days a week this month! A couple of weeks ago and friend of mine who is a mom of sextuplets asked me to participate in a group with ladies who’s goal is to live healthier the right way. We have a devotional book and we’re focusing on our relationship with God while making better and healthier lifestyle decisions. I’m feeling so much healthier!
- Blog Goal. Grade: C
- Since all the updates to our computer took place, I haven’t been blogging as much. Hopefully I figure out how to get my pictures to upload and will get back on track.
And now, it’s the Six Sweet Seals’s birthday month!!!! Next week we will celebrate Brady’s 5th birthday and Mia, Tessa, Brant, Gracie, and Rayleigh will turn 3 next Saturday! It’s so hard to believe we’re about to have a 5 year old and FIVE 3 year olds! I’ve been working very hard getting ready for their birthday party. I’m so excited for the big day. I’m hoping the weather is nice and we have a fabulous day celebrating these six precious blessings.
This year I am doing individual hand/foot print pictures for each month of the year. Last month we did snowmen/snowprincesses. This month we did Love Bugs. Y’all, these Love Bugs are a piece of work. Seriously the most unique hand/foot print art we’ve done to date. When we first started doing them, I thought they were the ugliest things I’d ever seen, but now, I think they’re pretty hilarious and so much fun. Every time I look at our Love Bugs, I have to chuckle a little. 🙂
Last Tuesday was a whirl wind of a day. Non-stop from the time we woke up to the time we went to bed. The kids all had fun at their Valentine’s parties. We missed Steven since he was out of town for work, but overall, it was a great day.
Here are a few pictures from Mia, Tessa, Brant, Gracie, and Rayleigh’s Valentine’s Party.
Here’s a few pictures from Brady’s party.
Our Valentine goodies that the kids gave to their classmates. Ms. Sandi always does such a good job on our holiday cookies.
Of course we had to give them to all our wonderful teachers.
The kids always give their teachers flowers on Valentine’s Day. I bought some and made the bouquet myself.
And here’s what we came home with…..a mountain of candy!!! Everything times FIVE!!! (This is only the quint’s pile of goodies…thankfully Brady didn’t get too much more.)
First off, Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope your day is filled with lots of love and laughter.
Well I did it! We are now at my #1 (earthly) thing I love….and of course it’s no surprise that it’s my sweetie. Steven is seriously the best guy in the whole wide world. He’s a great friend, hubby, and father, but the thing I love most about him is that he’s a Godly man. He’s one of those guys that can do a little bit of everything. He is so helpful with the kids and they absolutely adore him. He takes such good care of all of us. He works hard to provide for a big family. He’s just amazing.
So without getting carried away because I could seriously go on and on and on about how great he is, I thought I’d do a fun Get to Know Us game. I’ve been seeing people post these questions and answers about their spouse, so I thought it would be fun to do the same.
- Who’s the oldest? Me
- Who was interested first? Him
- Same high school? Yes
- Most sensitive? Me
- Worst temper? Me
- Most social? Him
- Hardest working? Him
- Most stubborn? Me
- Most sarcastic? Him
- Causes the most mess? Me
- Wakes up first? Him
- Biggest family? Me
- Who cooks the most? Him
- Who cries more? Me
- Best singer? Him
- Hogs the remote? Me
- Best driver? Me
- Better cook? Him
- Spends the most money? Me
- Smartest? Probably about the same
- Common sense? Probably about the same
- How long have you been together? 12 years (married for 10)
Day #13: I love my sweet Brady James. He’s such a loving little boy. He knows everything there is to know about Thomas the Train. He loves to play with Brant. He’s funny, loud, and full of energy. He always tells me, “mama, I sure do love you”. He just melts my heart. I sure love my Brady Boo.
Day #12: I love my sweet little Mia Danielle. She is so spunky and full of life. She loves to make you smile and usually is wearing a smile herself. She is tough as nails and very stubborn. She loves to be held and to snuggle. Life would be so boring without our little Mia.
Day #11: I love my sweet Tessa Suzanne. She is my talkative child and she loves to sing. She is funny and silly. And she is very loud! She usually always has a smile on her face. And the girl loves to sleep which makes me so very happy. Tess is a total sweetheart!