Hey y’all! Welcome back. Hope you had a great weekend. Ours was very low-key.
I can’t believe tomorrow is the last day of January! It went by so quickly. So today I’ll recap what we managed to do in January and I’m going to grade myself on how well I’ve kept up with my 2017 goals.
So, January was a big month for the quints, on January 5, we started potty training, all.of.them! After almost 4 weeks, I’m so happy to say, they are doing very well. I will write a couple of posts about our whole potty training journey, but I want to give them a little more time to get it down before I declare we’re officially potty trained, but we’re getting sooooo close! Another big change for the quints was when we took the six seater table out and replaced it with their picnic table. They have done very well with this change. And probably a few days before January we moved Mia and Gracie into a room together, leaving Tessa and Rayleigh in their room together. This has worked out great for us, Tessa and Rayleigh are sleeping through the night, most nights. Gracie is also sleeping much better. And Mia, well, Mia is still Mia and likes to get out of bed, but she’s doing better at staying asleep during the night, even if she is sleeping on the couch (for some reason, she enjoys sleeping on the couch).
Brady got his new t-ball equipment and is so excited for t-ball to start.
So here’s how I’ve been doing on my 2017 Goals:
- Work smarter not harder. Grade: C+
- So, I’ve been really working hard on being organized and keeping the house tidy. Overall, I’m doing much better than in 2016, but there is still lots of room for improvement.
- To help me stay organized I focus on one area each week. So far I’ve organized our junk drawer and Mia & Gracie’s room. Small things, I know, but I’m getting there, slowly but surely.
- I’m doing much better about staying on top of the laundry, which is a huge step in the right direction for me. Laundry is the devil!
- Study the bible more. Grade: B+
- I have probably missed 1-2 days all month, but other than that, I’ve done great about reading my bible.
- Focus on friendships. Grade: D+
- I haven’t done too well with this goal. But I still have 11 months to do better.
- Learn something new. Grade: F
- I haven’t even attempted to learn something new. I still have to figure out what I want to learn….got to do better on this one.
- Live healthier. Grade: C+
- Eating- I’m doing horrible in this department of living healthier. I’ve got to do better!
- Exercising- I’m doing great in this department of living healthier. I’m walking 3 days a week now (2 miles each day). And I’ve done a few ab workout videos at home.
- Blog Goal- Write at least 3 posts a week. Grade: A-
Well, that about sums up January for us. Nothing too exciting. I’m already looking forward to warmer weather so we can go for walks around the neighborhood and play outside more.
So long January…..see you next year!