It’s still not real to me that Brady is 5 years old. It’s surreal that we’re to this point in his life. I won’t lie, this is a hard birthday for me. This is the end of the toddler stage. He’s a little boy now. In the fall he’ll start kindergarten and that seems so crazy to me. He’s had 2 years of preschool but kindergarten is the real deal. Kindergarten is that first big step toward independence. He will make friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. He will slowly depend on me less and that’s a hard concept for me to grasp.
Nevertheless, I’m excited for this phase of his life, I know we’re going to have so much fun together. He’s starting T-Ball this spring and I can’t wait to watch him.
Here’s Brady at 5:
- He weighs 36lbs.
- His hair is blonde and his eyes are blue.
- He loves playing with his Paw Patrol toys. And he still likes playing with Thomas the Train.
- He loves to watch Curious George, Octonauts, Paw Patrol, Big Hero 6, Toy Story, and Minons.
- He loves to go to school. He has learned so much and loves his teachers.
- He is loud.
- He loves to play with Brant.
- He loves to visit his grandparents.
- He’s funny.
- He’s silly.
- He’s so loving.
- He’s got a great memory.
We wanted to make his birthday special and all about him. Steven took off at lunch to spend time with the birthday boy. Steven and Brady went to the movies to see Rock Dog. Then I met them at Road house and we had dinner (my mom and stepmom kept the quints for us). Then we went to church. It was an amazing day celebrating my big 5 year old. 💙
Happy birthday Brady! I love you more than words can express. ❤