Last Friday we took Mia, Tessa, Brant, Gracie, and Rayleigh to the doctor for their 3 year checkup. They are all healthy and thriving! The doctor was very pleased with their progress and so are we. I am so thankful they are doing so well. The doctor talked about how by the ages of 3 to 4 years old most premature kids usually catch up with other kids their age and we are seeing that with our quints. Here’s an update on each one:
Birth Weight: 2lbs 10oz Birth Height: 14.9in
Current Weight: 25lbs Current Height: 34 3/4in
Individual update: Mia is staying strong on her growth curve. She’s very small, but the doctors don’t seem too concerned about it. I honestly think she’s going to be small like me. She’s in the 2nd percentile for weight and 4th percentile for height. Last week we were treating her for an ear infection and when the doctor looked in her ears, he said the infection was getting better. Mia is the only quint who still has a feeding tube. She gets 2 feedings a day through the tube on top of her meals and snacks. Overall, she’s doing great and we’re pleased with her progress!
Birth Weight: 2lbs 14oz Birth Height: 16.5in
Current Weight: 28lbs Current Height: 35in
Individual update: Tessa has always been one of the biggest quints, the girl likes to eat. She’s in the 20th percentile for weight and 6th percentile for height. We are very pleased with her growth!
Birth Weight: 3lbs 6oz Birth Height: 15.7in
Current Weight: 27lbs Current Height: 36in
Individual update: Brant just doesn’t like to eat. It is like pulling teeth to try to feed him. He likes to take a bite and run off then come back for another bite. Or he’ll stuff his mouth full and have to spit everything out. It’s so frustrating dealing with him when he’s eating. That being said, he’s now in the 5th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height. Overall, he’s healthy we just have to get him to eat more so he’ll grow big and strong.
Birth Weight: 2lbs 7oz Birth Height: 15.3in
Current Weight: 29lbs Current Height: 36in
Individual update: Gracie was our tiniest baby at birth and now, she’s our biggest and has been our biggest for a while now. My diva girl likes to eat! She’s now in the 30th percentile in weight and 20th percentile in height. She’s doing fabulous!
Birth Weight: 2lbs 8oz Birth Height: 14in
Current Weight: 27lbs Current Height: 35.5
Individual update: Rayleigh lost her g-tube in March and the girl is rocking life without her tube! She is in the 10th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height. We are so proud of her for doing so well without her tube.
- All of the quints are getting speech therapy again.
- I asked the doctor to refer everyone for an occupational therapy evaluation to see if anyone needs therapy. It’s been a while since they all had OT and I want to make sure we stay on top of their development.
- All the girls are completely potty trained. Brant will pee in the potty but is not pooping in the potty yet.
- Sleeping through the night is still hit or miss. Hopefully when the girls all get their new big girl beds that will encourage them to stay in bed and sleep well. Brant usually ends up in our bed sometime during the night, most nights.
- They all love school and are doing well. We only have a few more weeks until summer break. They will be attending the same school next year for Pre-K3.
They were born at 29 weeks 1 day gestation and considering they were born 11 weeks early, they are doing exceptionally well at this point in their lives. I am so thankful to all the doctors, nurses, and therapists who have helped us get to this point. We have been so richly blessed with the best medical care and for that we are forever grateful.